The branch was located in Tecumseh from 1838-1851.
At this time, Tecumseh was the county seat of Lenawee County from 1825-1838 also Tecumseh had the distinction of having one of the four branches of the University of Michigan. Largely in part from a petition drive started by the local residents of Tecumseh.
This branch was installed in a two-story framed building which was originally built to house the Tecumseh court house. Want to know more? Drop into the Tecumseh Historical Museum and we would love to share more on this Tecumseh event.
Categorized in: History Detective